- An unlisted capital growth real-estate company founded in 2013 by Abland, Nedbank and Safika.
- Provides investors with the opportunity to invest, at cost, in prime development opportunities sourced and developed by the Abland development team and are expected to deliver above-average total returns over the medium term.
- Shares in the risk and reward associated with development, with the development partner executing the development on a turnkey basis.
- Objective is to create a portfolio of low-risk A-grade properties, which will ultimately be sold in 6 to 8-years to a listed REIT via a share-swap transaction to extract the value created through a tax efficient structure and create liquidity.
Rand Merchant Bank
Rand Merchant Bank (RMB), a division of FirstRand Bank Limited, is a leading African corporate and investment bank and part of one of the largest financial services groups in Africa.
RMB are a proud African corporate and investment bank with an extensive deal footprint across more than 35 African countries. RMB has funded several infrastructure and resource finance projects, mergers and acquisitions, and infrastructure developments in many African countries over the past decade.
As the investment banking arm of FirstRand Bank Limited (which is wholly-owned by FirstRand Limited), RMB has access to a network of retail banks in 25 African countries including representative offices and branches in the UK, India, China, and the Middle East.
Abland Property Developers
Abland is one of the largest property development companies in South Africa. The company’s core business is to provide a fully integrated property development and management service. Commercial, retail, motor and industrial property developments form part of the company’s portfolio of services.
Nedbank Group is one of South Africa’s four largest banks, with a presence in six countries in the Southern African Development Community (SADC) and East Africa region where they own subsidiaries and banks in Namibia, Swaziland, Malawi, Mozambique, Lesotho, Zimbabwe, as well as representative offices in Angola and Kenya. Nedbank’s ordinary shares have been listed on JSE Limited since 1969 and on the Namibian Stock Exchange since 2007. Nedbank is a JSE Top 40 company with a market capitalisation of R93 billion as at 31 December 2015.
Safika is an influential investment holding company with a broad range of interests in the industrial, gaming, financial services, human resources and technology sectors. Their business philosophy is to take active roles in the companies in which it invests and to vigorously add value to the enterprises. Safika also plays a successful and distinguished role in the South African government’s Black Economic Empowerment (BEE) policy and is the preferred partner for a wide range of businesses seeking to broaden their shareholding. Safika also shares a historic relationship with Standard Bank and Abland in property investment and is looking to grow its property portfolio.
Board of Directors
- Formulating and implementing an asset management strategy for Pod that seeks to optimise return on assets, mitigate risks, promote the growth of the Company and protect the interest of the investors;
- Identifying opportunities for Pod and providing recommendations to the board of Pod in respect of capital allocation and financial management of the Company;
- Supervising the carrying out of administrative, accounting, auditing, secretarial and all cash management functions in relation to Pod.
The day to day property management and administration has been outsourced to Abreal Proprietary Limited who provide a comprehensive range of property management services.